Dorchester St Birinus CE School After School Club
Our After School Club is open to all pupils of the school from Foundation up to Year 6. It is open from 3:15pm to 6pm Monday to Friday during term time excluding INSET days.
All children are under adult supervision at all times.
The cost per child is £10.00 a day (non-refundable) which must be paid in advance to secure your child’s place. Booking forms are sent out once a term. This will include a drink and a small snack.
Fees are payable weekly, monthly or on a termly basis and there will be a late payment charge of £12.00 per family.
The school telephone number 01865 340081 – a cordless phone will be kept in the Club to enable contact .
After School Club rules:
- Be polite to all staff and to each other
- Respect equipment and each other
- Help each other
- No child may leave the After School Club without permission from a staff member of the After School Club.
- Do not run or shout in the After School Club
- Have fun at the end of your school day
Action for unacceptable behaviour:
We follow the same polices as during normal school hours.
If you would like a copy of these please see a member of our staff.
- All incidents will be logged
- A verbal warning will be given to pupils regarding their behaviour
- Parents will receive a written warning
- Parents will be sent a letter of temporary exclusion form
All our staff are first aid trained and hold an up-to date certificate which is renewed every three years.
If your child requires first aid during After School Club we keep a record and if required a letter is sent home.
Our After school club was set up in response to a growing demand from working parents to provide secure and stimulating childcare. The club has been set up on a non-profit basis; however the cost of the staff and equipment needs to be met by the fees.
The club is a fee paying provision that provides childcare provision for children who attend Dorchester, St Birinus CE Primary School. The club caters for up to 15 children with currently one member of after school staff and either a volunteer or member of teaching staff.
The club aims to provide a more relaxed informal atmosphere where children have the opportunities to choose the activities they wish to take part in with the comfort for most children of being in a familiar environment.
You need to book your child’s place in advance (booking form attached). Once booked, you will still have to pay even if you do not choose to send them to their regular sessions. The fees are paid on Monday with any additional days paid on the following Monday. This we find is easier and helps to keep on top of payments. You can pay further in advance if you prefer.
If you have any financial difficulties at any particular time do not hesitate to speak to us.
We appreciate that there can be occasional, extenuating circumstances where you may be late collecting your child; where possible we ask that you inform the club using the school number 01865 340081. If your child is collected late you will be charged an emergency amount of £5.00 increasing by £5.00 per every 15 minutes that passes after the session ends.
Collection of Children
For the safety of your child it is necessary that you complete the form stating who will be collecting your child from the club. We run a strict policy whereby we will not allow children to be collected by anyone who has not been given written permission prior to collecting them.
Please collect your child from the verandah (not the main entrance) as the club will be situated in the Green Room and the children will exit through the fire exit door. We would also ask that each child is signed out of the After School Club.
We aim to provide the highest quality childcare provision for all children. We aim to offer welcome to each individual and family and to provide a warm caring environment within which all children can learn and develop as they play.
We believe children and parents are entitled to expect courtesy and prompt careful attention to their needs and wishes. Our intention is to work in partnership with parents and the community generally and we welcome suggestions on how to improve our group at any time. Many concerns can be resolved quickly by an informal approach to the appropriate member of staff. If this does not achieve the desired results, the following procedures should be used.
How to complain:
- A parent who is uneasy about any aspect of the group’s provision should first of all talk over any worries and anxieties with the after school club leader.
- If this does not have a satisfactory outcome within a couple of weeks, or if the problem recurs, the parents should make an appointment to discuss their concerns with the headteacher.
- Please let us know if your child has ANY allergies to ANY foods or any other food requirements.
- We will use the contact/emergency details from the completed data collection sheets, however please ensure that these details are kept up to date.
Please click here for the Booking form